Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sweet Baby & Zoo Safari

So I finally did so scrapbooking layouts.  It has been awhile since I did any of these. 

I signed up for Scrapbook.com's July's Scraplift the Peroson Before You and I lifted Bubblegirl. This is of my sweet niece and me when she was 4 days old. When she was born, she got an infection and had to go to the NICU for 2 weeks.  It was scary seeing her in there, but she pulled through and is a happy, high energy little 3 year old.  I love this little girl so so much!
Materials Used:
Making Memories: pink scalloped pp
Echo Park: green crisscross, little heart, purple striped (title), and yellow scallop; stickers
Die Cuts with a View: blue journaling strips 
Prima: Flowers

This is from last October when we went to the Omaha zoo for a little family day trip. Baby B was really excited to go. From what I heard, she was a little impatient waiting for me to get off of work. I used a sketch from Becky Fleck's  PageMaps 2 book.
Materials Used:
The Paper Studio: kraft cardstock, red cardstock (under the animal stickers)
Bella Blvd: teal crisscross pp, yellow/orange circles pp, flower pp, gray dotted pp, pink flower pp
Bazzill Dotted Swiss: teal cardstock (under the animal stickers)
Doodlebug Designs: animal, title stickers
Little Yellow Bicycle: pink letter stickers

I hope everyone's weekend is awesome.  This weekend was my town's summerfest.  We had a parade yesterday and I walked along side my employer's float.  It was a western themed float.  It was super hot, but really fun.  Last night, they also had an Amazing Race and I had to sit at one of the stops and make sure the teams finished their challenge.  It is just like the show.  The teams get a clue and have to figure out where they have to go and then they have a challenge they have to complete.  I was at stop number 3 and their challenge there was one team member had to eat a whole can of Spam and a pint of ice cream.  We only made them eat half of both because I think all the teams would still be there trying to eat that stuff.  Ick.  It was fun though!

1 comment:

Kristin K. said...

Your layouts are soooo cute. I am glad I found your blog while on sb.com. I have just started my NEW blog over at www.kristinkottwitz.blogspot.com. I don't have any craft posts yet...but my first post I am giving away some BLOG CANDY so I hope you come check it out and maybe become a follower. I will have new craft posts up soon.